As many of you know, Nugget is my more nervous kitty. She’s very sweet, but does not like to be held; affectionate, but doesn’t seek you out, etc. She’s not quite the scaredy cat that Simba Kahn is when strangers come in the house, but she is a close second. As the cat population grew, Nugget became a little more nervous and began to have some non litter box compliance issues. (that’s the nice way to put it) Fortunately she’s mostly a sink, tub, shower kinda girl. After the high drama of two psychotic queens and two litters of kittens, Nugget became very withdrawn and was afraid to even come down stairs. At that point I decided to discuss a medical approach for her with my vet and we settled on Prozac. She’s been on it for just over three months and I think I’m seeing a lot of improvement. Part of this may be coincidental in that everyone else has calmed down. She had two sworn enemies. Sirocco had take against her for some reason during the pregnancy and they couldn’t even be in the same room together. Simba Kahn was Nugget’s other nemesis. Both Sirocco and Nugget are now my sleep mates. Both are quiet little cats and easy to sleep with and also seem to actively want to spend the night on my side of the bedroom door. I’m now finding Nugget and Sirocco sleeping next to each other on occasion. In the photo below you can see that Nugget is, indeed, much more relaxed and is actually sleeping not too far from Simba Kahn who sleeps in the little tent all day. Nugget just started curling up in the living room baskets this week. I was so thrilled. Yesterday she slept in one not too far from Sequoia (also a first!). She has also been sleeping in the nursery baskets near Sahara’s hangout. As far as the litter box non compliance? Huge improvement on this front. Not 100%, but definitely minimal these days.
- 386,630 hits
- National Park Service Centennial August 25th! Sacramento Bee article and interview about/with Nevada and her... fb.me/5hW9QYxWs 7 months ago
- Krakatoa after her bath today (Sitka got one too) fb.me/1lmlGXkSu 7 months ago
- Wonderful blog write up/review of "Boar Island" by Nevada Barr from Hiker to Hiker... fb.me/7Uz3rkuDu 9 months ago
- RT @bookbrag: #NewOrleans: Come down and lend an ear to @nevadabarr, who's at her local bookstore @octaviabooks tonight at 6 talking BOAR I… 9 months ago
- RT @octaviabooks: Hear @nevadabarr now on The Reading Life tinyurl.com/jr3de7g and meet her Tues. at 6 here at Octavia Books. https://t… 10 months ago
Follow this BLOG with Networked Blogs